Week 2 of the One Room Challenge is well underway. Here are some of my selections with sources for our dining room redo.
• Lucite curtain rods by LuxHoldUps in Brooklyn, NY.
• Chandelier by Illuminate Vintage in Houston, Texas.
• Buffet by Mint Home in Chicago, IL.
• Wallpaper, Turquoise Squash Blossom, is from my new wallpaper collection.
• The anemone is a photo I took - the clarity, light, and balance of color are unique and add variety to the painterly wallpaper. The image will be printed on BFK Reeves paper and framed in either lucite or a brass shadow box, floating on a crisp white matt. Which do you prefer?
The dining room table, black lacquered piece of furniture, and curtains will remain in the dining room.
Big decisions remaining (but getting closer) are the rug and dining room chairs.
Painting of the wainscot and ceiling are underway. I matched a gray blue color from the wallpaper sample and it might be my new favorite color. It's my hope that the color provides the perfect balance. And transition well with the adjoining rooms. Please come back next week, as the wallpaper, Turquoise Squash Blossom, will be hung. I can hardly wait to see it up!!!
Sharing the process of a painterly approach to art, wallcoverings, and textiles.